13 January 2010

Vegetarianism

So today I would consider myself 100% vegetarian, and 50% raw/vegan. I had my morning smoothie for breakfast..I have become addicted to that and the first thing I do when I wake up is bust out the blender. For lunch I wanted to try out an acorn squash. I couldn't figure out what to do with it. First I cut it in half...looked like a pumpkin to me. I dug out the seeds and then attempted to puree it raw. Well I ended up with this applesauce texture..which I can't stand. So I didn't want to waste the whole thing..oh what to do! Here's where I lost my vegan/rawness for the day. I added a tablespoon of milk, some nutmeg, cinnamon, and a tablespoon of brown sugar. Ugh. I was sad to lose it at lunch because I am generally stronger than that but I didn't know what else to do. Well anyway it made a good pumpkin pie like soup. I probably won't eat it again until I can find a better way to do it, but that was my experience. For dinner-wheat pasta, squash, and broccoli. So that is why today I am only 50% vegan/raw--but tomorrow will be better.
On a more positive note--I had an amazing workout today! I found a new setting on the elliptical that kind of coached you through a cardio workout by telling you to go a certain mph, or to use your arms more, or just use your legs..I stayed on for an hour just because I was having so much fun doing it. I didn't get in any weights but my cardio was great.
All in all good day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment