11 January 2010

Raw/Vegan Journey


Well--so far, so good. I think I am at about 70-80% raw/vegan right now. Yesterday I made my morning smoothie, had an amazing salad with a sweet citrus dressing I made, and for dinner I had tostados (the tostado shell was my exception for the day). I found this amazing recipe for ice cream on Raw on $10 a day's blog. I love that blog! I made chocolate ice cream, and even attempted her fudge sauce. I either used the wrong type of olive oil, or haven't grown accustomed to new flavors--but I almost got sick just smelling it. I think I will try again with something in place of the olive oil. I can't even stand the smell of that stuff.Other than that--life is great. I had an AMAZING workout yesterday. Rowing, elliptical, and an ab workout from Shape magazine. I needed the escape and the major sweat session.
Today my mom and I are going to coffee with a friend who I grew close to because of our similar eating disorders. I emailed her back and forth while she was in the hospital. I was a total stranger to her, but we clicked really well and now at least once a year we have coffee. She's a beautiful young woman and I pray she is "healed".
I also finished my party postcards last night. I am really happy with how they turned out. We are having a big party in April to celebrate my graduation from college, my parent's 25th wedding anniversary, and my brothers graduation from high school. Its a big year for our family.
So I am going to make a big poster board of "What I Want" soon. I have a list of wants that range from material things to life things. (My #1 want right now is a juicer!!) I think it is good to make lists or posters of wants and needs--it gives you a sense of accomplishment when you attain some or all of these things.

<3

2 comments:

  1. congrats on your 70-80% raw/vegan..that's awesome! have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love your blog sooooo much.

    ReplyDelete