08 January 2010

Smoothie Sensation

So I am trying new things this year. Eating raw has really started to interest me. I have always been interested in healthy foods and healthy eating. I was a vegetarian for a long time, but after I had my son I started eating chicken and fish a lot. I always felt bloated and lethargic after I ate. This could have been an issue with portion control--I am not blaming it on the meat. I have already decided to go back to vegetarianism--but this time I want to do it right. Before I would choose unhealthy alternatives to meat. A lot of pasta, grilled cheese, french fries..etc.
Lately I have been eating a lot of fresh fruits and veggies (lately as in the last two weeks). I have also been frequenting the gym. I love working out and I love how I feel after a great sweaty workout. I have always loved yoga and pilates, but my new obsession is rowing. It is a wonderful full body workout.
So this morning, I tried something new. I read something about how frozen bananas make an ice cream-like consistency. So I made a smoothie using fresh mango, kiwi, frozen bananas, and frozen peaches with a little bit of water. It was absolutely amazing. The only downfall was how filling it was. I think it would make a better lunch option.
As I continue to read more and more into raw eating, I get even more intrigued. I also read "Clean" by Alejandor Junger M.D.. Is it really that simple? I mean, you have problems--whether they be depression, stomach pains, etc.--and you follow his simple plan. It sounds surreal to me. I want to do it, but I will have to ease into it. I am not a depressed person nor do I have any sort of stomach pains--but I want the euphoric feeling of a healthy, nourished body.
I will continue to blog as I get more and more into these things. Like I said, I am easing into this new things because I don't want to shock my body. I workout pretty strenuously and have low blood sugar so I am a little nervous. But we will see...

So far the new year has been great...8 days in. I'm happier than ever (although still looking for a job) and enjoying learning new things outside of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment