12 January 2010

Raw-Tastrophe

Ok so my workout yesterday...killer. The workout itself was a normal, strenuous, workout. 45 minutes of intense cardio split between the elliptical and the rowing machine...followed by 20 minutes of light weights. Nothing crazy.
So after rowing, I noticed I was sweating much more than usual. I was also getting tired already. Then I got on the elliptical...I was pouring sweat and my muscles were aching. Weird. I cut it short by 5 minutes so that I could for sure get in my weights. I did make it through my weights, but I felt like death. I wanted food. BAD. Luckily my gym is located in the same parking lot as my favorite grocery store. I knew I needed bananas (3 bunches)-so I went. Mangoes were on sale because they weren't full ripe. $0.69 each--what a steal. I was craving green onions and fresh cilantro--delish. I forgot cucumbers the previous shopping day--and I really wanted some. And I also picked up some frozen fruit--because not much is actually in season.
As soon as I got home I ate my celery with avocado dip and a cucumber sandwich. Mmmm...I finally started feeling better...until insomnia kicked in. Wow. What a day!
Lesson learned--eat enough to sustain body for workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment